Overall, it was great, and we wanted to really thank you for the work you put into organizing and planning the trip. Everything went smoothly, and we were thankful many times over the course of the two weeks that you had arranged everything so that we didn’t have to worry about logistics at all and could just focus on enjoying ourselves!
· All of the car transfers were perfect. Drivers were all at the appointed places at the right times. Very courteous, knowledgeable, and helpful.
· Sydney: Pullman was great. Location was ideal, and the facilities were more than adequate for our family.
· Blue mountains tour: Tons of credit to Rob and his wife for ringing us at the Pullman upon our arrival and letting us know that the weather was going to make the blue mountains tour pretty much worthless, and giving us the chance to back out of it and refund the fees. The outcome was that the other parties also cancelled so Rob took just our family around on a revised tour itinerary (at our request), where we went to Featherdale and he drove us around the city and the suburbs and showed us the sights from the van. Even took us to Harry’s Café de Wheels for an impromptu snack. Rob was very knowledgeable, and as nice and helpful as could be. I left a videocamera in his van, and didn’t even notice until he dropped it back at our hotel later that evening!
· Hamilton island: Great spot—Reef View hotel was a little tired, but the island itself couldn’t have been better, and the fact that the hotel wasn’t at the cutting edge of amenities or “newness” had no negative impact on our trip. It was the perfect spot for our family—plenty for the kids to do, the “kids eat free” was great for us, too. We felt that the little wildlife park on Hamilton was a hidden gem on the island, and the staff there were really great. For kids the age of ours (10, 9, 5) it was a great way to see some wildlife up close.
· Silky Oaks: Really first class in every respect. Facilities were great, food top-notch, and service absolutely beyond compare. Everyone we met was very helpful and went way out of their way to be as accommodating and helpful as possible. I can’t say enough about what a special and amazing spot Silky Oaks is. Our private tour was one of the highlights of the trip. Norm, our tour guide, was everything you could ask for: very knowledgeable, very accommodating, and just a lot of fun to spend the day with. I’m not sure we could have kept our three kids very busy all day at the lodge, so having a day full of activities was just the right thing.
· Kuranda: We really enjoyed the skyrail trip down from Kuranda, but railroad trip up was a little boring for the kids and the town itself wasn’t so exciting for us since we aren’t really that into shopping. We wouldn’t have wanted to give up the skyrail experience as a way to see the rainforest from a really unique perspective, though.
· Quicksilver Reef Trip: Great trip. Very well organized, from transfers to all the information and amenities on the boat.
· Uluru: I was skeptical about whether the trip would be worth it out to Uluru, but it turned out to be another great highlight of the trip. As you suggested, the Desert gardens was pretty basic, but it was more than sufficient for the time we were there. I really wanted to convey how impressed we were with the SEIT tours, though. The tours were great because of the small number of people on the tours, and the tour guides were very knowledgeable and fun. Of course, Uluru and the olgas were stunning. The unexpected highlight of the whole Uluru experience was our outdoor breakfast cooked by our guides!
Thanks again for all of your help. It was an amazing trip, and we couldn’t have done it without you! Karl Cheng Karl, CA - Aug 2015